Learn how to provide emergency care in a setting where hospitals and ambulances are not reachable or are far away. In this course, classroom instruction and Q &A are interwoven with practical work and problem-solving exercises. Hands-on experience - a most powerful learning tool - during scenarios comprise 50% of the class.
- Beyond the 'golden hour': wilderness/disaster injury challenges and long-term patient care
- Patient Assessment System: thorough patient exam, treatment, monitoring, safety, and documentation
- Orthopedic Injuries and treatment: Sprains, Strains, Fractures, and Spinal Cord Management
- Circulatory Form and Function: Heart, Blood, Blood vessels, Lungs, and Brain
- Soft Tissue Injuries and Wound Treatment: Contusions, Abrasions, Lacerations, Flap Avulsions, Amputations, Punctures, Impalements, Bites, Stings, Blisters, Burns, and Infections
- Environmental Injuries and Treatment: Cold, heat, Dehydration, and Wilderness Survival
- Medical Emergencies and Critical Care: Shock, Allergies, Shortness of Breath, Brain, and Heart
- Patient Movement: Clearing a spine for movement, pre- and post-evacuation treatment
Cost: $180 (advance registration online required) for the 2-day WFA
*Charity* Blue Ridge Mountain Sports will choose and donate to local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations 10% of course proceeds.
Spaces limited! No prerequisites!
REGISTER AT www.solowfa.com