Mired in the wilderness of an urban disaster zone, rural area far from hospital, or natural area miles from an access point … Hands-on learn how to save life and limb during the critical minutes or hours before ambulance / hospital hand-off.
The MEDIC SOLO disaster + wilderness first aid course is a blended experience of classroom and hands-on
learning. ~50% of student time is spent rotating as mock rescuer and mock patient in realistic care-giving scenarios, making the most of learning-by-doing, and forming muscle memory.
• No prerequisites
• For adults and focused youths ages 12+. Know your loved ones are safe wherever they are.
• Hands-on learn how to care for an injured / ill person during the critical minutes or hours before ambulance/ hospital hand-off
• Blend of classroom instruction & hands-on rescue scenario practice
• Approved by the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) and the American Camping Association (ACA)
• 8:30am - 6:00pm each day both course days
• 2-year internationally-renowned SOLO WFA certification
• Counts as re-certification for WFA, AWFA, WFR and wilderness part of W-EMT
or 434-465-8733 for more info